Riddick Field Airport (U05) is in the process of completing an Airport Planning Project to evaluate the facilities and role the airport currently has and what will be needed in the future. KLJ in Rapid City is the firm conducting this planning process.
The project began in July 2020 and is expected to be completed in Fall of 2022. The study is being conducted in compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) guidelines and includes several key elements as follows;
- Examine Existing Conditions
- Complete an Aeronautical Survey in compliance with FAA Airport’s GIS standards
- Forecast of Aviation Activity & Critical Design Aircraft
- Establish Future Facility Requirements
- Examine Alternative Facility Layouts
- Draft a new Airport Layout Plan
- Form an Implementation Plan
As meetings occur, a copy of the meeting materials will be added to this website below and as documents are drafted, the documents will be included in the Planning Documents link.